• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blazer Springs For Bastard Pack

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I'm thinking of doing the bastard lift on my '97 and have found a good buy on some springs out of a 1995 Chevy Blazer 4x4. Everyone I've seen has used 2wd springs. Is there a difference? If I use these how much lift should I expect to get? Right now the rear of my Jeep sits at about 16.5 inches? I've already read this...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=bastard
He uses 2wd springs. THANKS A LOT :worship:

those jimmy's/blazers, at least in the early days were quite heavy beasts, many of the 4x4 came with tow packages, so they had extra stiff springs, i imagine that the reason most use 2wd leaves is because the 2wd jimmy/blazer is just heavy enough to give a couple inches of lift on a significantly light cherokee. hope that helps.

Look for the spring UNDER set-up for the correct springs, as they have more of a positive arch than the spring over which tend to be pretty flat/straight.

Back