• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re Using parts

ssjkakkarotx

NAXJA Forum User
OK this prolly realllly stoopid. (note the extra L's and 2 O's) What kinda trouble am I looking for if I was to pick up some used valve springs and injectors for the Jeep. I was thinkin of snaggin some 24lb injectors from a mustake and Mopar preformance springs from a ZJ. Is this gonna be a :doh: moment

I am running the 24# Mustang injectors on my 4.7L and it runs a touch rich. I bought them on ebay for $40 for a set of 8. I would recommend 21# if you can score them.

The correct way to do it is to measure the length and the compression force required to compress them (to see if they are good). I just measure the length. Spring compressor gages are hard to come by.
The lifters are likely going to float, before a stronger spring gives you much if any benefit. You may know something I don't?
I really don't see the benefit in stronger springs. The few more RPM's you'll likely get (top end) aren't worth the extra wear and tear on the valve train IMO. And what good are a few more RPM's at the top of the RPM envelope, where the motor isn't making much power anyway (stock cam and lifters)
From say 20 MPH to around 70-80 MPH, the old 4.0 will hang with many faster vehicles. I drive it in it's envelope and occasionally embarrass somebody.

ssjkakkarotx said:
The Reason I am asking is I built a 4.6 stroker. I have the comp 68 231 4 cam in it. So I need stronger springs so I wont float my valves.

Hmmm... I think I may be in the wrong board I'm gonna go back to OEM Tech... , :doh: oh I'm already there
lol:cheers: Just havin fun:rtm:

Back