• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cad drawings of diff covers?

rmm727

NAXJA Forum User
Any one have cad drawings of the bolt hole locations of dana axles, chrysler axles, etc. I'd like to cnc plasma cut my own diff covers and laser cut my own gaskets.

thanks in advance

I went to that site but havent found anything yet. I searched but the search engines on these forums dont get along with me

rmm727 said:
Any one have cad drawings of the bolt hole locations of dana axles, chrysler axles, etc. I'd like to cnc plasma cut my own diff covers and laser cut my own gaskets.

thanks in advance

You can operate CNC plasma and laser equipment but not a tape measure???

The easiest way to do it is get one from the junkyard and measure.

For the 30 you could just use a gasket for the measurements.

Well, I was hoping that someone else already had one done. I quess I'll just buy a gasket and draw my own. I don't know why these files are such highly guarded secrets.

rmm727 said:
Well, I was hoping that someone else already had one done. I quess I'll just buy a gasket and draw my own. I don't know why these files are such highly guarded secrets.

I don't either, but if you don't mind (and if you do it in a CAD programme that has a freeware reader...) I can host them for you on XJOG when you're done, so they'll be distributed more.

I'm interested anyhow, but my idea of "computer-aided design" means a pencil in my left paw and a calculator under my right... I'd appreciate copies when you're done, even if you don't want them distributed afterwards. How many do you plan to do, anyhow?

5-90

I'm not sure how many I'll make. Probably one diff cover for me and my one friend. For gaskets, a roll of paper is 4 bucks and I could make about 6 gaskets out of it as opposed to paying 6 bucks for one. I could use to scrap material to make water pump gaskets, thermostat housing gaskets, etc.

rmm727 said:
I'm not sure how many I'll make. Probably one diff cover for me and my one friend. For gaskets, a roll of paper is 4 bucks and I could make about 6 gaskets out of it as opposed to paying 6 bucks for one. I could use to scrap material to make water pump gaskets, thermostat housing gaskets, etc.

Fine on me - I just would appreciate copies of any design you're willing to have become "open-source" - the more blueprints we can come up with, the better...

5-90

Back