• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday May 9 is Mother's Day

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Damn, I just realized that Sunday is Mother's Day. I'll probably have to take off Sunday morning and bail on the trail maintenance. Sorry.

Who scheduled this event anyway? ;)

I am pretty sure this was mentioned when the date was moved. Heck take you mom wheeling, it will be a mothers day she wont forget!

My mom doesn't mind as long as I acknowledge her. Texting FTW!

Probably gonna knock my chances of going, but I am still gonna try to get a hall pass for Saturday and make it a one day up-and-back trip.

My mother has passed on, and I am bring the mother of my children up for the weekend

yea, you know we hate moms. It was purely intentional. :doh:

I said, "inconsiderate" not "intentional"...y'all assumed that wifes and moms would want to be on the road on mothers day. Or that husbands would simply leave them home and see them "sometime" on sunday.

That's fine and dandy for a pretty small group of ladies, but probably
not the majority. Thats just my opinion, though.

All I'm saying is that I'm dissappointed. :rattle:
-Brian

I am pretty sure this was mentioned when the date was moved. Heck take you mom wheeling, it will be a mothers day she wont forget!

Yeah, its partly my fault, cuz it wasn't on my radar until about two weeks ago, when I was planning for mother's day stuff. I saw my reservation and was like..."lame":cry:.

I'm mostly talking about my wife,btw, who loves to camp and wheel. Just not on Mother's day. Its all about brunch and relaxing near the beach, lettin' our munchkin's run around. She does a lot of cool stuff for her mom and my mom, too.

I said, "inconsiderate" not "intentional"...

You are nit picking. Obviously it is too late to do anything about it, so how is it their fault that YOU didn't realize it was mothers day?

What are you disappointed about? this was all planned months ago, not two weeks ago.

You are nit picking. Obviously it is too late to do anything about it, so how is it their fault that YOU didn't realize it was mothers day?

What are you disappointed about? this was all planned months ago, not two weeks ago.

disappointed that it's on mother's day weekend. Otherwise I'd still be going.

sorry guys. didn't mean to nitpick.

and a big thanks to Mother Nature and underfunded campgrounds for closing Serrano till May 1st. :) in case ppl don't know me...I tend to use sarcasm. :D

Yeah, its partly my fault, cuz it wasn't on my radar until about two weeks ago, when I was planning for mother's day stuff. I saw my reservation and was like..."lame":cry:.

I'm mostly talking about my wife,btw, who loves to camp and wheel. Just not on Mother's day. Its all about brunch and relaxing near the beach, lettin' our munchkin's run around. She does a lot of cool stuff for her mom and my mom, too.

Bring her up to Big Bear. Wheel Saturday, Sunday take her to brunch. There are some nice restaraunts in BB. Oh yeah there is a beach too.

My mom and grand mothers are all gone now so I honestly look forward to doing something I love instead of greeving for those I love.

Saturday the 8th is my girlfriend's birthday and she understands why I'm going hell she's running autocross all weekend and feels the same about her Mothersday as I do so it works. Plus her birthday present was a set of stickys(race tires) for her to run that weekend lol

Sorry to have started all the hoohah. I just brought up Mom's Day since quite honestly, I thought it would be on May 16. As it turns out, I can probably stick around for most of the day on Sunday. Don't have to be at the folks' house until the early evening.

Back