• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question bout lift

k.allen90

NAXJA Forum User
I used the search but I couldn't really find what I was looking for. But anyways I would like to add some lift but I don't have a clue as to what to get, I know everyone has their own opinion on brand and what not but is there any brands to stay away from? I would like to be able to run 33s with plenty of flex bc I have 33s on it now but it should really have 31s, but this is how I got it. I'd like to run 35s but this is my daily driver and I need it highway worthy for longer trips home. I have no clue how a jeep rides on 35s but I know my brother's ford isn't the nicest ride on the highway.

Anyways I'm looking to run 33s possibly 35s, with a decent lift kit thats built right, will last and handle abuse and ride smooth on the highway. If I had a 4.5 inch lift are 33s possible and what will have to be done to the drive shafts? I plan on regearing soon and adding some lockers but I'd like to put a lift on first. Just lookin for a little help.

4.5" long arm kit from rough country, probably have to do an sye kit, cut the fenders and extended the brakelines.

What axles do you have? I would go with 33's on a dana 30 and either a dana 44 rear or a 97+ chysler 8.25 with 4.56 for ok highway

Well, as far as tire size, if you're looking to keep it on the highway, I'd run 33's. 35's are a bit overkill for the occasional off-roader, IMHO.

I'd recommend Rubicon Express, as I always do. They've got a pretty good on-road ride, as well outstanding off-road performance. Also, I'd definitely recommend a slip yoke eliminator, to help your driveline out a little bit for your highway driving.

Bottom line, you're going to get tons of different answers posting a thread like this. Your best bet is to get on as many forums as you can and read as many things as you can. There are TONS of guys both on here and on NAXJA.com that have built the DD/weekend warrior.

Search search search

I used the search but I couldn't really find what I was looking for. But anyways I would like to add some lift but I don't have a clue as to what to get, I know everyone has their own opinion on brand and what not but is there any brands to stay away from? I would like to be able to run 33s with plenty of flex bc I have 33s on it now but it should really have 31s, but this is how I got it. I'd like to run 35s but this is my daily driver and I need it highway worthy for longer trips home. I have no clue how a jeep rides on 35s but I know my brother's ford isn't the nicest ride on the highway.

Anyways I'm looking to run 33s possibly 35s, with a decent lift kit thats built right, will last and handle abuse and ride smooth on the highway. If I had a 4.5 inch lift are 33s possible and what will have to be done to the drive shafts? I plan on regearing soon and adding some lockers but I'd like to put a lift on first. Just lookin for a little help.

I went with the 4.5 RC LA kit and running 33's. I tell you what.... For a complete kit this is it! At least for the $$$, You can't beat it. My 91 is my DD and really have no complaints over all with the kit. Do a little fender trim and 33's fit nicely without rubbing.

Also consider which you value more - on-road comfort or off-road performance.

And always, remember, you get what you pay for.

Everyone's going to tell you their system is the best. It comes down to what's best for you.

Back