• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help fixing power door locks

john_yarbrough

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be off work starting Thursday for a week. I have a few days committed already, but I was hoping ot dig into my power door locks and see if I can get them fixed. Here is the problem.

1 None of the door locks work. So I think its a wiring/power issue rather than bad switches on each door.
2. Shortly after I got the Jeep my battery went dead. I charged it up and unlocked my door to find that the power lock cylinder was just unlocking non stop. I pulled the fuze and havnt touched it since.
3. The switches on each door for the power windows work, again leading me to beleive its a wiring /power issue.

I was hoping to get some information here on the forum and possibly somebody who knows what they are doing to come and give me a hand.

I found that a single bad switch, in my case I think it was the passenger's switch, will short and freeze the whole system. I don't know how, haven't studied the wiring.

I unplugged the passenger's switch and the noises stopped... replaced it and locks still don't work... I'm mystified.

Just know that a single bad switch can booger the system, is what I'm saying.

Back