• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED lightbars

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone splurging yet and getting one? I'm tempted to get a pair of the tiny 2x2 lights or one 4" light, in a flood pattern, mainly for slower trail driving, to have a nice super bright white light in a wide pattern. And just cause they look cool. :anon: I'm planning on some lightforce lights for going faster, these are just for lighting up the slower trails.

Hard to find any non-biased reviews out there now, they're mostly from magazines so far.

This is what I am looking at: http://www.rdmoffroad.com/rigid-industries.aspx

or

http://www.rdmoffroad.com/visionx.aspx

Opinions?

I have a pair of the small Vision X LED lights on the front of my XJ. Thay are great for slow speed stuff. They light they put out is very easy on the eyes. Expensive but they are the best lights I have ever owned.

I have a pair of the small Vision X LED lights on the front of my XJ. Thay are great for slow speed stuff. They light they put out is very easy on the eyes. Expensive but they are the best lights I have ever owned.

I'm glad to hear that. How do they compare to stock low/high beams as far as width of the beam? You would happen to have any pictures would you?:D

No pics. They are wider than the stock headlights, give me a good view of the ditches. Another nice thing is these can be connected together to build a light bar if you wanted to.

Last edited:
I have the Rigid "Duallys" on the front of our ZJ and love them. I used a pair in the white/flood configuration and they really fill in what the stock headlights cannot. For pulling only 10W each they are extremely bright. The light output is pure white leaving only 2 orange spots where the headlights hit the ground.

They come complete with a wiring harness (including waterproof connectors), inline fuse, and a switch.

Virtually indestructable and they come with a lifetime warranty.

James

I have the Rigid "Duallys" on the front of our ZJ and love them. I used a pair in the white/flood configuration and they really fill in what the stock headlights cannot. For pulling only 10W each they are extremely bright. The light output is pure white leaving only 2 orange spots where the headlights hit the ground.

They come complete with a wiring harness (including waterproof connectors), inline fuse, and a switch.

Virtually indestructable and they come with a lifetime warranty.

James

Sounds like to me this makes them worth the $199/pair? Do you use them at all for going fast stuff or do they not project far enough?

Sorry for the questions, trying to get done real-world feedback. Thanks!

Sounds like to me this makes them worth the $199/pair? Do you use them at all for going fast stuff or do they not project far enough?

Sorry for the questions, trying to get done real-world feedback. Thanks!

I have the fog beam on mine which is a wide and tall beam. It fill in as far as the headlights go and just beyond.

They're available in a spot beam also if you want/need to get the light focused and out there father.

James

We have a 40" Rigid amber on the front of the racer and it is amazing. We ran a good portion of the night at the Mint 400 with just that light because it really brought out the terrain and it cut through the dust. Rigid has the best optics and the most efficient electronics of any brand that is out there right now.

Here's a good pic where you can compare the brightness to our HIDs

IMG_4135Large.jpg

If all goes as planned, the HIDs will be gone and we will be running a LED bar up on top for the night race next month.

Here are some ive Installed on Cheif of Carlsbad fire's truck. The big bar was about $1600, small 400$. VisionX Very bright
IMG00071.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

IMG00066.jpg

I run Rigid 20's for my side lighting and will be installing a Rigid 40 with a custom color mix of yellow and white and flood and spot combos in the front. I'm very satisfied with my Rigid Industries lights and their customer service is excellent. If you're concerned or have questions about durability get on Rigid's web site and check out the video where they shoot up a light bar.

Back