• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Congrats Rich!!! Podium finish!!!!!

I heard they finished in third place, even after suffering a breakdown. Something about a missing c-clip...

What a shitty start! Course starts out down fire roads airing it out 100mph+, flying off the rollers, probably 6-8 ft in the air for 20-40ft, this goes on for miles, hit the first ruff section, hitting around 50mph, I call out tight left, then we come into a tight right, I keep saying tight right! tight right!, I look up and we are going straight into a rock pile and just frikin center punch a tree! I ask Justin, Dude WTF? you did not even hit the brakes, he says as were wadded up in a tree, I lost all steering and brakes right after I heard a snap. Get out and the whole spindle, wheel and assy is torn off. Well after 5 min of M-FN, I decided to try and fix it,the guys who prep the truck left off the upper ball joint snap ring, 2 miles earlier, if this this would have dropped out we would have cart wheeled at over 100mph, that would have been a Life Flight for sure! we carry a lot of front end parts. 1.5 hours later, we beat in new ball joints fixed the steering, plugged the brake line, dug out the truck, Kim talked a BITD official to give us a strap and off we went. Pulled into pit 1, our Awesome pit crew had everything ready I needed to fix a few other items, including new brake lines for the front. After all this crap and 250 more miles to go we finished 75th over all and 3rd in class. At least I got my Pin!

Last edited:
If it was mine yes, the problem is Pro-Trucks have a lot of weird quirks, so you need someone who knows them. It just sucks that it cost 20kplus to run a race and this happens.

Damn Rich, that is some gnarly stuff..... you always wonder the what if.... how in the hell it holds up hitting those jumps at 100, and then snaps coming in to a corner....

glad your well, and finished 3rd is mighty respectable. I would love to come out, when is the next race?

Congrats Rich! way to overcome a big setback, alot of people would just give up when something like that happens :thumbup:

Sorry guys. I just checked this thread. Started a new job and trying to stay on net during the day. haha

DAMN Rich!!! Now I am kicking myself for not being there.....sounds like you didnt need me but I hate missing out on a chance to really help. Way to stick with it. Justin better be stoked to have you as his co-dawg.

Congrats again!!!

Back