• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Kit - NP242-J

Flyfisher

NAXJA Forum User
I've got an '89 Jeep Wagoneer Limited (Cherokee)...have installed a 3" Skyjacker lift and a 1" transfer case lowering kit, but still getting driveline vibes. I want to install an SYE kit and a CV joint driveline.

Problem...can only find SYE kits for the NP 231. Are the NP 231 and 242 the same? Will a kit for the NP 231 fit the NP 242?

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help.

Thanks.....Chuck

Hmmm... This may be a dumb question but, does anyone know if the output shaft from a 242 will go into a 231 of the same vintage? Basically I removed a 242 from my XJ and put in a 231.

If this would work I could dissect the 242 and hack and tap the shaft outside of the T-case. This would make the work alot easier for me than having to do it under the truck. All I would have to do is replace the output shaft like on one of the kits shown on the web page above. Also if I were to mess things up, my daily driver wouldn't be incapacitated.

Just wondering...

Mark

Back