• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me cobble together a little more lift...

88JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I helped my buddy removed a SYE kit from his (my old) XJ. I agreed to give him $200 for the kit and drive shaft, so we started putting the kit into my '99. It is going to be SO nice not having the TC drop kit anymore.

So in any case I'd like to add to my 3" lift a little. Right now I have ZJ springs in the front with a 2" poly spacer and OME 2-2.5" medium duty leaf springs in the rear with a 1/2" "block" spacer. I still have the ultra HD Rocky Road 1.5" lift shackles on the shelf so I'd like to put those in. So the rear will have about 4-4.5" of lift.

So what should I do out front? I'd really like to get a pair of low spring rate coils to soften up the ride a little. Stock ZJ springs are about 170 lbs/in and the medium OME XJ lift coils (OME 930) are about 160 lb/in, but they only claim about 1.75"-2" of lift. I wouldn't mind a small rake but I'm thinking I should maybe just get a full 4-4.5" lift spring and save the spacers for when I want to go bigger. :)

What do you guys think?

Also, I have new shocks for the front but I'm not sure what I should go with out back. What is a good soft rear shock for 4.5" of lift? I'd love OME but they are pricey! I'm running MJ Sensatracs now and they are OK.

thanks

Back