• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie from the Canary Islands....

ArturoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
..Hi all..My name is Arturo and I'm the proud owner of a '95 Cherokee XJ 2.5 EFI (150cid, as you use to call them). By the way, I'm Rodrigo's brother. He adviced me to register here, looks like a very smart place.
Talking about the car, I'm trying to keep her as standard as possible, except for some minor cosmetic licenses. Here you are some pics.
I hope you'll like them:
ctforo6.jpg

ctforo1.jpg

ctforo2.jpg

ctforo3.jpg

ctforo5.jpg

Best regards....!!!!

Way cool XJ, especially like the lights in the bumper--your work?

This may get moved to another forum, generally posting up picks without associated tech issue is frowned upon.

Welcome to NAXJA, and say "Hi" to Rodrigo for me.

Didn't know 95's came with the chrome trim package. Nice!

Welcome to NAXJA.

Arturo: What is the first character in your VIN? I can see your speedo is in KPH.

Thank you for your kind comments, sirs...
Talking about my car, it must be said that she's a mixture of parts. She's actually a 2.5 EFI Sport, but I added all that chrome trim you can notice.
I'm planning to rebuild the XJ as a Cherokee Pioneer lookalike (just for I like the looks). The chrome trim came from a Briarwood i found at a junkyard, sadly rotting away. Next thing is a new set of crossed spokes rims (from a Limited) and a two tone respray.
Best regards....

P.S. The Dixie and Lone Star flags are there just because I like them very much. Been into the rock'n'roll and rock'a'billy scene for so long now....!!

Keep in mind, here in the USA the Confederate flag means a lot more than rockabilly music. Nowadays even the most redneckest rednecks in Texas generally don't fly the Confederate flag.

There are a FEW who fly it for "southern pride" but the reality is it's the flag from a rebellion that happened because the slave-owning south didn't want the federal government to outlaw slavery in the new territories. The flag didn't exist before that.

The closest equivalent for you MIGHT be some kind of Basque separatist flag

Last edited:
Is good to know what you are talking, Wiskosmosis and I know that this is not the place to discuss that kind of things............I will not ask to the people here the reason why their Jeeps wear a sticker, decal or flag.

Anyway.....you have to know that in the rockabilly scene around the World the Cofederate flag is like an icon. I would no look for deeper reasons...It happens in the whole Europe, Japan, etc....

I have a decal similar to this one in my wagoneer....hope it isnt politically incorrect ;)

Hi Joe...a pleasure!
decal_nj_irish_01.jpg

Last edited:
Back