• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need my 35's balanced.

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know any shops in and around Los angeles that can do a tire this size? the place that mounted mine said they were too big for their machine.

there is a place down the street from my work, on gardena blvd, i dunno about balancing it with weights but i would reccomend balance bags, and i know they have them there. they cost more but you dont have to worry about tearing a weight off on a rock. plus they move inside the tire, so if you slightly bend a rim or tear some chunks out of the tread they still keep it balanced.

I used dynabeads when I did mine last,every time you stop and take off the tire is rebalanced !!!!!

you mean like air soft BB's?? if so my 33"s had them but i dunno, i though having weights inside the rim would be a better choice. Anywhere i can find how many BB's you need for 35's?

thanks again guys!

dynabeads are made for balancing tires,the beads have a coating so they don't break down over time.I've heard that air soft over time can turn to powder.I used 8oz per tire.

dynabeads are made for balancing tires,the beads have a coating so they don't break down over time.I've heard that air soft over time can turn to powder.I used 8oz per tire.

i see, where did you find these and how much they set you back?

Julio, how did those airsofts hold up? Did they turn to powder?

they were in tact when i pulled the tires. I left them in the tires when i sold them last night should have kept them. Dammit! you just used airsofts? if so i could just get them anywhere right? i dunno how to get them inside the tire without poppin ght bead off again. dont think they fit in the valve stem.

Just Airsofts. I bought them at WalMart. They wont fit in through the valve stem.

I run 2000 airsoft per tire and they have not broke down but I don't put a lot of road miles on it like some of you guys, they seam to stay balanced.....SANTA

i dont daily drive mine either. just to the trail and back. 2,000 airsofts, jesus! you count them all?

i dont daily drive mine either. just to the trail and back. 2,000 airsofts, jesus! you count them all?

The containers you get at Wal Mart have 2000 in each container, thats the only reason why I use that amount (I also use the Glow in the dark ones just in case I get a side wall blow out at night I think it would be cool to watch:laugh:).....SANTA

The containers you get at Wal Mart have 2000 in each container, thats the only reason why I use that amount (I also use the Glow in the dark ones just in case I get a side wall blow out at night I think it would be cool to watch:laugh:).....SANTA

Yeah, guess that would be cool. :p

I'm going to walmart after I get out of the stinkin DMV

Do it yourself...Get a plank(good one 2x6 36" long) and set it on the edge of the tire by the rim and drive slowly up on it to pop it ...I use a BFH to help it along..:D..
HTH

Or you could use a bobcat...

19462ede.jpg

Back