• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front seat cover removal help

onupolarbear

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to remove my front seat covers to wash them on a 94 XJ. I have removed the seats and have gotten the bottom seat covers removed easily. Now I'm stumped on how to get the top seat covers removed from the seat back frame. :doh: I have removed all metal wires and retainers. How the heck do I get the seat cover off the frame!! Does it just pull off?? I am having a hard time getting the opening on the bottom of the cover to slide up over the frame. Is their a trick to this? Then how do I get the black plastic inserts for the head rests removed to get the seat cover off?

Remove front seat from XJ floor boards via four bolts. Remove bottom seat cushion by four bolts holding cushion to seat frame. Unscrew six screws on side and two screws in front. Two of the screws in back will have a metal rod wrapped around them to help hold upholstery in. Remove metal rod from clip in back of frame holding upholstery. Seat cover will then peel off. Put in washer with some oxyclean and soap. They wash up nice and look great! Hope that helps.

Back