• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ballistic Fab Releases D30 Truss at an affordable price

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
That looks like a nice piece, and a great price, however they dont show UCA mounts? Can you just cut holes in the truss for the existing mounts, or does one need to order their UCA mounts as well?

the reason it so cheap is because it's a kit. it's just cut steel you need to weld it all together. and it comes with no mounts so you can use your own it says. personally idk if i would buy it i had a friend with a tj on one tons have alot of problems with there stuff, as far as not getting it anywhere near on time and when he got it it didn't fit anyway.

the reason it so cheap is because it's a kit. it's just cut steel you need to weld it all together. and it comes with no mounts so you can use your own it says. personally idk if i would buy it i had a friend with a tj on one tons have alot of problems with there stuff, as far as not getting it anywhere near on time and when he got it it didn't fit anyway.
Everyone has a friend, or a friend of a friend thats not happy with something, all part of the risk of goin down this road

Could one not punch holes in the top of the truss, leave the mount welded to the tube and re weld it to the truss again?

I for one like products like these, If you can weld, it saves you quite a bit of time and effort re-inventing the wheel at every go. So what if you have to grind a bit because the truss kit doesnt fit together like a swiss watch. What else can you get for $75 nowadays.

Could one not punch holes in the top of the truss, leave the mount welded to the tube and re weld it to the truss again?

I for one like products like these, If you can weld, it saves you quite a bit of time and effort re-inventing the wheel at every go. So what if you have to grind a bit because the truss kit doesnt fit together like a swiss watch. What else can you get for $75 nowadays.

Agreed. Considering I paid close to ~$300 for TNT's truss a few yrs back, the price is nice. For that amount of cash you can reinforce any potential weak points and still be well ahead of the game.

If I were to do it all over again, I would have made my own or jumped on a deal like this.

exactly... if you dont want to mess with anything and weld it yourself, then shell out the $300 bucks for the TNT truss. i am just excited to see another option on the market!

...and if the sides were more than 1/8" thick. It'd probably hold up but I'm not sure I'd want my link mount(s) on top of that. Welds had better be solid.

The top piece is 1/4" which is good for welding link mounts to, and the 1/8" boxed in that structure would have pretty good strength. I'd weld link mounts to it. It would be perfect for the Currie kit that puts JJ's in the upper mounts, or for making a 3 link. Would be nice if they made an upper link mount option.

could you not cut holes for the existing link mounts and weld around them? i don't have plan to change suspension style gonna keep this jeep low and stock-ish but have bent axles on my last jeep seems i could cut out the spots for stock link mounts get some nickle wire pre and post heat the housing and weld this to it? no?

That truss system they have DOES NOT come with the coil/shock mounts in the picture. dont know why they show it like that, as its fairly deceiving. if you want those it would be another 100 bucks from them by the time you add LCA mounts, UCA mounts and the coil options your pretty close to the TNT price and youve still got to weld up the whole truss.

not that 75 is a bad price. but the reason its so cheap is your left with a lot of work to do

That truss system they have DOES NOT come with the coil/shock mounts in the picture. dont know why they show it like that, as its fairly deceiving. if you want those it would be another 100 bucks from them by the time you add LCA mounts, UCA mounts and the coil options your pretty close to the TNT price and youve still got to weld up the whole truss.

not that 75 is a bad price. but the reason its so cheap is your left with a lot of work to do

Why not just keep your stock coil mounts? I'm not having any problems with mine. This kit is perfect for a quick DIY truss since most of us can't cut and bend 1/4" and 1/8" steel with any speed and precision.

Check out this thread for more info: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882837

They are about to come out with link mounts for the truss that will use their 2" ballistic joints. It seems this stuff will all go perfectly with their Y-link that's supposed to come out sometime soon. I'm looking forward to it.

If you want to make your own 3-link off the truss, just buy some generic tabs and link mounts off their site. Seems pretty simple to me.

I went in and picked up my steering components for my ZJ from them in Tucson and built one tough cross over setup. I'm about to switch an 8" Rock Ready lift in my XJ to IRO long arms and it looks like this truss will work perfect for it as I don't need the right upper mount. I'll have to call to see if IROs adjustable left upper link will clear it. If so, I'll put one in my ZJ too, as it has an HP30 from an XJ in it.

The top piece is 1/4" which is good for welding link mounts to, and the 1/8" boxed in that structure would have pretty good strength. I'd weld link mounts to it. It would be perfect for the Currie kit that puts JJ's in the upper mounts, or for making a 3 link. Would be nice if they made an upper link mount option.

As sunburned added uppers are in process
The control arm mounts will be released in a week or two. We've already got them designed, just need to finalize the geometry. They are designed to fit our 2" Ballistic Joint.

$75 for the truss - http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Front-Dana-30-Truss-for-Jeep-XJ_p_1748.html

$100 for LCA, coil, shock, and Track bar mounts - http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/XJ--TJ-Jeep-combo-bracket-upgrade-kit_p_1542.html

depending on how they design them, I don't see the UCA mounts being too much more than $100, since the 2" Ballistic Joints are $32 each.

So $275, call it $300 for a nice round number, for a truss with all the brackets, save for the sway bar and steering stabilizer, Poly Performance has sway bar links for $13 each.

I like the product and I love the price. I would like to see the finish product. I am anxious to see the reviews.

Back