• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr upper quarter panal guards

xjhavens

NAXJA Forum User
So i got my guards last week, got them painted. i need to pick up the lights and I'll be ready to install them. I have a few questions.
1. what will i need to make the rear upper light to be the marker, turn signal and break light?
2. Anyone know of any issues installing them and using bushwacker flairs?
3. Got any tips to make install easier or any tips with these in general?
As always thanks for any help.

1. Trailer light convertor
2. You are going to have to file the wackers a little bit where the quarter guards sit on top of the regular body, just the thickness of the guards if you want the wackers to be flush.
3. No tips yet, I SHOULD have mine this week...(I've been waiting over a month for JCR to ship them now).

Cool man! Thanks. I was told by a few people that all I needed was a dual filament bulb, that didn't make much sense to me. I cut the fenders according to the directions for the flairs. Anyone know if the guards need trimmed? There isn't much metal between the mounting holes and the edge of the guards. Also wondering how much of a pain it is to drill holes and re install them. I ordered mine March 12 and got them last Tuesday, they do take a while to get. But they are nice, worth the wait!

got mine super fast ordered last year on black friday and had them within 3 weeks, they are super nice I went with the LED lights and just using the red and amber will install the backup lights when I get my bumper

Are you planning on going with an LED light or a traditional incandescent type light?

When I did mine, I went with the LED stop/tail/turn light and had to use a trailer wiring harness converter. The brand I went with (and is apparently the ONLY one that works) was towready. Look around on ebay first though as I picked a new one up for pretty cheap.

http://www.towready.com/product/details.asp?ProdID=119130&cat=1545

This is another members picture on how to wire everything up witht he converter. Follow the picture to a T and you should have zero issues with them working. (I think its from when Hammered did his write-up on this stuff)
P1105069.jpg

If you decide to go with the LED lights, checkout www.superbrightleds.com. They have some really nice stuff at a decent price. Top notch customer service as well.

Cool man! Thanks. I was told by a few people that all I needed was a dual filament bulb, that didn't make much sense to me. I cut the fenders according to the directions for the flairs. Anyone know if the guards need trimmed? There isn't much metal between the mounting holes and the edge of the guards. Also wondering how much of a pain it is to drill holes and re install them. I ordered mine March 12 and got them last Tuesday, they do take a while to get. But they are nice, worth the wait!

I may be wrong about this, but it looks to me that the bottom bolts on the guards will be covered completely by the bushwackers and the guards will not have to trimmed at all...that is just a guess though.

1. Trailer light convertor
2. You are going to have to file the wackers a little bit where the quarter guards sit on top of the regular body, just the thickness of the guards if you want the wackers to be flush.
3. No tips yet, I SHOULD have mine this week...(I've been waiting over a month for JCR to ship them now).

They've been backlogged a little, don't worry they are worth the wait.

OP, Here is a link to my buddy's thread about this subject.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1015460

I had problems reaching the drivers side rear most lower nut. What I ended up doing was to tape the nut onto a straight hanger, stick it through a small 2.5x2.5 hole on the rear at an angel. It took a little while but I finally got it started. Everything else was pretty easy.

I recently installed mine but opted to keep the factory taillight assemblies

main.php

used lots of silicon to seal around the bolt holes and had a little gap on the top edge between the armor and the body

Hay, thanks for all the info guys. I'm going with incandescent lights for easy replacement. The leds are cool but I'd hate to have to order replacements. I much rather be able to pick them up anywhere. Someone mentioned silicone. I wonder if it would be a good idea to run a bead around the entire guard, to keep mud and water out. Any thoughts on this? Also I would post pics but I don't know how, and even if I did, I'm not sure if I could using my blackberry... Don't have a computer!

Are you planning on going with an LED light or a traditional incandescent type light?

When I did mine, I went with the LED stop/tail/turn light and had to use a trailer wiring harness converter. The brand I went with (and is apparently the ONLY one that works) was towready. Look around on ebay first though as I picked a new one up for pretty cheap.

http://www.towready.com/product/details.asp?ProdID=119130&cat=1545

This is another members picture on how to wire everything up witht he converter. Follow the picture to a T and you should have zero issues with them working. (I think its from when Hammered did his write-up on this stuff)
P1105069.jpg

QUOTE]

Here's a link to the whole write-up... http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=980571 Its a pretty good one.

Back