• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior build thread

souske

NAXJA Forum User
So I got sick of the plastic paneling in the rear of the jeep mocking me. Why are the only two cupholders placed where no one can reach? So before the cage when in they were removed for the final time. Thus leaving large compartments open, and ready to use.
IMG_0588.jpg

So off to the metal yard to pick up some aluminum sheet. 13 gauge seemed about right.
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Even with all the hardware, these are still much lighter than the plastics they replaced. The drivers side is bolted in, and will house items not needed to be constantly gotten to. Emergency food, and a water storage tank. The pass. side is planned to use Dzus fasteners with a wingnut head, or similar.

Any ideas on a cheaper easy access? Bolt the panel in and cut a door into it? Help me out NAXJA land:repair:

Maybe out in a piano hinge half way, so you have a pocket with an access door on top.

Back