• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I missing something?

PoSxJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to install my Aussie locker in my D30. It's a disco that's been converted to a one piece shaft. I'm trying to get the carrier out, and I've tried every trick in the book. Both shafts are completely out, and both bearing caps are off. I've been trying the rag trick for the last hour, and all I get is a tore up rag and the carrier has barely moved. Anyone got any ideas?

I have had to use a come-a-long and a short strap to pull a D-30 carrier on the trail before. I hooked the come-a-long to the D ring on the bumper.

how are you getting a torn up rag? the idea isn't to feed it into the gears, you want to ball it up tight and wedge it in there, so the only place the carrier will go is out. if you can't turn it hard enough by yourself you could put the front driveshaft back in and throw it in 4 high, moving a couple of inches with the rag in there should pop it loose. you will most likely do damage to the gearset if it falls and hits a hard surface like the driveway though, so be warned.

Back