• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cooling fan options (help me decide)

4Doors

NAXJA Forum User
I drive a '92 2wd/ax 15/with AC. I need a new radiator, my aux fan is shot, and I have no shroud on my clutch fan, so I'm ready to start addressing these issues. This is almost completely an on road vehicle and my little bit of off road driving is just down service roads on a hunting lease. I don't face bumper to bumper gridlock traffic. My cooling needs are nothing like what many of you rock crawlers with auto transmissions face.

I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 3 core radiator of if a 2 core would be enough. I'm going to ditch my clutch fan for an electrical setup, but I worry that a 3 core might be a bit too thick. I have a taurus fan hanging in my garage and considered using that alone as that shroud will pretty much cover the entire radiator. I would wire it with an adjustable controller. If the taurus fan is too thick, I would probably use 2 stock type aux fans (10 s-blades). I would probably leave one wired in the stock way and the other wired using the adjustable controller. Out of these options, which would you favor?

My plan was to order from radiatorbarn.com... any issues with that?

DPG Offroad sells CSF and they are NAXJA sponsors--if you were RED you could also get a discount.

The Taurus fan should handle your needs, others have done it.

Thanks Joe. Let me add though that I like the idea of 2 stock aux fans for the sake of having one on when the A/C is running to help with that.

Back