• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5" Lift Shocks

TheVision89

NAXJA Forum User
My friend is giving me his 2.5" or 3" lift and the shocks are pretty much gone, and so I need to buy new shocks...which would you guys reccomend? (at a good price) Nitro or Hydro what is the difference?

The XJ will be used primarily on road as a DD.

Monroe.

Nitros are stiffer than Hydros. Beyond that its a matter of personal preference. Agree on the Monroes, Good budget friendly shock. Just make sure you get some that a little longer than the stock size. Measure your length compressed and expanded, with the correct ends.

my opinion is to get used JK rubicon shocks. I got some off a low mileage JK on another forum and they work great with my 2 in. budget boost. cheap too. you have to modify the mounting points a little, but there are writeups on the web about how to do this.

I second the JK shocks. I got mine by going to the local 4x4 shop and asking them when they were next scheduled to lift a JK, then asked them if I could have/buy the shocks if the cleint didn't want them. I got a set with a couple hundred miles on them for $20. Another $20 for some Bar Pin Eliminators for the front and I was out the door.

Back