• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would someone in the Anaheim and surrounding areas allow me to

Yea, but today i put the DS in and noticed about a half inch play in the tcase, I just want to verify that the ds isn't the problem. Because It does the exact same thing with this d30 as the other one. And I checked out the axle, it looks to be in good shape, the problem is either the ds or the tcase, I am putting my money on the tcase, but want to make sure.

there should be no play whatsoever on the front yoke of the tcase. not in and out or side to side. if you have the DS out it should be pretty obvious if there is a problem with it. if all the ujoints move smoothly and the double cardan joint doesn't squeak or scrape, its most likely not your problem.

I have found that there is usually some in and out play on the front t-case output yoke but there should be no up and down play at all. Also 1/2" sounds pretty excessive even for in and out play. Is there any metal in the t-case fluid?

yep Tcase is a goner, went to skull blacks house this morning and we pulled his ds, and noted the play (or lack there of) in his yoke, then didn't even bother putting the shaft in mine. There is at least 1/2 inch play up down, and more side to side, and 1/2 inch in and out or more, and the yoke will wiggle around. sweet. Tcase time.

peace
ted

yep Tcase is a goner, went to skull blacks house this morning and we pulled his ds, and noted the play (or lack there of) in his yoke, then didn't even bother putting the shaft in mine. There is at least 1/2 inch play up down, and more side to side, and 1/2 inch in and out or more, and the yoke will wiggle around. sweet. Tcase time.

peace
ted
Yeah, no boubt. I know a guy who is selling a 21 spline AW4 and a 231 if you're interested.

sounds like junkyard time! gimmie a call if you need a hand im sure we can find a time that works for both of us!

Back