• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter plan

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Good luck on a shooting range. Reiter will never be the same :(

as far as i know rieter has never been a shooting forrest. i been there only a few times on my dirt bike.

lawlessness shooting all over the place

Heard something about a work party on the 1rst? Anyone have the details on it, or planning on going?

I doubt I'll be making the drive up for it, but it would be nice to have a few members attend and get the latest update.

Heard something about a work party on the 1rst? Anyone have the details on it, or planning on going?

I doubt I'll be making the drive up for it, but it would be nice to have a few members attend and get the latest update.

From Cherokee Forum

icon1.gif
Reiter Foothills Forest Update:
Hey Brian
Just thought I would share, I have DNR as a friend on facebook and they seem to be very happy with what you guys are doing up there at Reiter. This the latest news that they put out today. Jake and I would still love to go out and hit some trails with you and your boy and some of the other
Locals sometime. Great job you guys! keep up the good work
thumbup1.gif

Reiter Foothills Forest Update: Work party draws volunteers, results

By Ear to the Ground
2010-04-17-reiter-workparty.jpg
Some of the several dozen volunteers who came out last weekend to help restore and clean up areas at Reiter Foothills Forest. Photo: Ted Coombs.

Another successful work party took place last Saturday at Reiter Foothills Forest. Fifty-six volunteers showed up to work on important restoration projects. The work was done on an old route known as “Sac-Up,” and another trail near the upper sections of May Creek. Volunteers installed drainage features to mitigate erosion. They also transplanted and planted native vegetation—including 350 tree seedlings! Thanks to the volunteers and the groups who came to help, including the Gold Bar Nature Trails, Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club, Northwest Motorcycle Association, Northwest Wheelers and Reiter Trail Watch.
The next Reiter work party is on May 1. The Reiter Trail Watch group has arranged for a representative from Stihl to put on a chainsaw safety training session for volunteers in the morning. The safety training will occur in the morning, and restoration work will continue in the afternoon. Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the gravel parking area off Reiter Rd.
Directions to the Reiter gravel pit: Travel U.S. Hwy 2 to the southeast outskirts of Gold Bar. Turn north on Reiter Road, and in less than a mile you will come to a split in the road. Continue to your right on Reiter Road to the old gravel pit/parking area.
For more information about volunteering at Reiter Foothills Forest, contact David Way, 360-854-2830 or [email protected].​

Tags: Recreation, trails, trust land, Washington
This entry was posted on April 21, 2010 at 6:35 am and is filed under Recreation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.

:sunshine:

as far as i know rieter has never been a shooting forrest. i been there only a few times on my dirt bike.

From what I've read there was a pit there for a long time where shooting was permitted. It was recently shutdown due to housing getting to close to it.

So if they're doing work on the trails now, does that mean as a volunteer we'd get to drive "supplies" on the trails as well? :brows:

~Scott

Back