• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Egged out shock mounts.

EpiK XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The upper mount holes in the sheet metal are all egged out, i pot new bushings in and all it did was eat em up, could i just throw a washer on each side and new bushings and call it good? or do i gota weld nwe washers in there just to make sure? thx

Best job would be to weld in some appropriate sized fender washers.

However, you can order various sizes of poly shock bushings from energy suspensions and others, so you might find something that would "fill the gap".

One trick that might work for you is to contact a friend that is replacing the front shocks on a ZJ and use the rubber bushings.
The ZJ shock bushings are almost twice as large in diameter as the XJs which should fill the enlarged hole.
You could also just install stud eliminators and use shocks with dual eyelet ends.

One trick that might work for you is to contact a friend that is replacing the front shocks on a ZJ and use the rubber bushings.
The ZJ shock bushings are almost twice as large in diameter as the XJs which should fill the enlarged hole.
You could also just install stud eliminators and use shocks with dual eyelet ends.

Unfortunately, most of the stud eliminators I have seen that were installed without using shock bushings ended up egging/tearing out the holes. Based on that I always install those stud eliminators with poly bushings.

Back