• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Steering Box Brace

I was looking at both JKS and C-Rok when I installed a new gearbox.. As most people know the inner brace/spacer is impossible to save.

I found that the C-Rok kit was a better product.

Okay, so my question was which bar style is the best? Thanks for the input though. I don't have a welder for the plate style that JKS requires.

The only thing I dont like about the bar style is that it is "supposibly" hard on the power steering pumps.

I can't back that up myself,, but i heard it float around

This is an apple vs. orange discussion. There are two type of braces; the frame plate type and the bar from the opposite frame rail type.
I had always considered the bar type to be obsolete once the frame plates became widely available. Now you have me wondering if a bar brace would still be beneficial.
I already have a C-Rok brace and trac-bar cross brace.

i broke my C-rok rite where they put the letters its thin just get the currie brace thats what i use and i have 33s and if your motor mounts are bad it wont go on so make sure theyre good, otherwise plate your frame

Anyone running both the frame brace and bar brace?
In what order did you install them and did you notice any improvement?

Isn't there a debate against the bar style brace because it can actually cause cracks on the opposite side?

hell i made my own inner and outer. tied it into my winch plate. definatly tightened stuff up.

you can make your own pretty easily just some cardboard and time hell i barely even had power tools when i made mine.

of course i think i shifted the load elsewhere my cap blew out on the bottom of the box. split clean in half pretty cool actually wish i woulda had the money and time to save it instead of using it as core

Back