• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are the wipers on a 4.8amp breaker?

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
93 sport 4.0, Wipers don't work

Last night my wipers stopped working. While looking through the fuse panel the 4.8a 12v circuit breaker fell to the floor. It broke off of the tabs, probably from my big feet kicking it too many times. It was located at the bottom of the fuse panel. Is that breaker my problem or is it something else? Also where can I get one? I went to the dealership, Autozone and an electronics store and no one has them that low of amps. And can anyone point me to a diagram of the fuse panel. I'm without an owners manual or my haynes manual at the moment.

Thanks
Damien

Some Chryco parts guys are 'tarded. I stood at the counter for 1 hour one day while one guy tried to find it, then a "grey beard" walked by asked "What's up?" and then grabbed it off the shelf in less than 60 seconds.

5600 1110 CIRCUIT BREAKER, 4.8 Amp.

Make a couple of short jumper wires to plug into the fuse block and raise the circuit breaker up out of harms way with some zip ties--my 13 EEEEs like to do the same thing.

4.8... wow, WTF?

Why not 5 like everything else?

Sometimes I question the sanity of other EEs.

Good to know the part number for it in case I ever need to pick one up and can't find a junkyard, though.

Back