• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing a flex joint on my exhaust

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i need to install a flex joint before i install my re-welded exhaust. thing im not sure on is where exactly to put it. i know it needs to be int he down pipe. what is the down pipe and does someone have a picture of where they installed theirs at?

The downpipe is the one that goes down :p.

I wanted to have one put on my down pipe but the guy at the muffler shop said there's not enough length.

I put mine just before the crossmember. Of course if I drag the exhaust in front of the flex, it won't do any good

dpgright.jpg

Depending on the length of the flex you buy some put it where the downpipe runs left-to-right.

That would be the area in the picture above before the bend, where the picture poster's is after the bend.

I believe the common lengths are 3", 6", 8".

so putting the actual flex pipe in the actual "downtube" area is not posable because of lack of space and the o2 sensor being there. i think ill just add it in the section before the bend as joe mentioned.
Thanks

Back