• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to order fuel pump o-ring?

uRabbit

NAXJA Forum User
My fuel pump's o-ring needs replaced, and I'm not about to order a whole fuel pump assembly for one rubber seal.

No local auto parts places have them (Autozone, Schucks, Napa, CarQuest, etc.), and I cannot find them online.

No dealer in Boise?

Larry Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge
222 Auto Drive
Boise, ID 83709
(208) 947-6500

rockauto has one... comes with a new locking ring. It's under Jeep -> <year> -> Cherokee <trim package> -> <engine> -> Fuel/Air -> Fuel Tank Lock Ring

If you only need the gasket itself, it's under Fuel Pump Tank Seal instead. I'd get the lock ring kit just in case you brutalize yours too much with the pump and hammer trying to remove it. Costs less than $4 with the locking ring.

Why? I couldn't get mine to seal and used this brown sealant that was gasoline resistant and it fixed it right up.
Because one of these ways is the correct way to do it and costs very little, the other is retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because one of these ways is the correct way to do it and costs very little, the other is retarded.
Oh man. Now I'm confused. Which is which?:confused1:confused1

hahaha just imagine trying to get it out the next time with all that crap smeared all over it is hard enough without rtv all over it that would be a nightmare

The dealer price should be in the 6 buck range. Watch out, though. I checked several area dealers when I needed one a few years ago. Two wanted the correct $5.70 or so, one wanted 7-something, and one wanted 18.

Not sure I have the right part number since you didn't post your year (I SWAGed it and picked 1994) but mopardiscountparts.com wants $3.64 + shipping for the O-ring.

They want $47.68 for the locking ring though :scared::shocked:

:roflmao: Thats Funny!

Not sure I have the right part number since you didn't post your year (I SWAGed it and picked 1994) but mopardiscountparts.com wants $3.64 + shipping for the O-ring.

They want $47.68 for the locking ring though :scared::shocked:

Mine is a '90.

That's crazy! I've seen the locking ring as cheap as $13.

Listen fool! If you read what I had to say! I said it wouldn't seal (with a new o-ring that is) so I sealed it up. I think the flange might have been bent a little or something. If I ever need to take it back out I can just use a knife and cut the RTV and out it comes. It doesn't even take 30 minutes to drop the tank on these things fortunatley.

So funny, i stole it to use as a signature, hope you don't mind

My fuel pump's o-ring needs replaced, and I'm not about to order a whole fuel pump assembly for one rubber seal.

No local auto parts places have them (Autozone, Schucks, Napa, CarQuest, etc.), and I cannot find them online.

OP I know that Carquest and Napa both carry these. I have gotten them from them usually on the spin tree of death. Also this is a common GM item, I have gotten them from GM Parts direct before as well.

Back