• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hey everyone

cherokee729

NAXJA Forum User
i drive a 2000 cherokee i have a problem with my jeep i walked out this morning tried to start my jeep it crackned over just fine but would not fire up and i look down and where my milage is displayed it says NO BUS i was hoping you guys could help me out and give me some ideas or even better how to fix it thank you very much
progress.gif

OEM tech not mod tech. Try unplugging and plugging in your pcm.

well.. if you take it down to a shop, some mechanics have scan tools, but will most likely charge you around $50-$100 for this service...

and what it does is, they can go into your computer, read detailed descriptions of anything that might be wrong with your vehicle... and can control anything electrical,

oh... and if your wondering why it costs so much for them to do this, its because they spent thousands of $$$ on this tool and have to spend hundreds on vehicle update info for their units.

This belongs in OEM Tech.

99.99999% it is a shorted CPS/CKP crank sensor.

Unplug the crank sensor, 99.999999% sure your mileage will return.

Back