• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting the front on my '89

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
This weekend I'm replacing some of my front suspension. It's been awhile since I have done this to it and I had instructions last time which I can't find. I've hit all the bolts that I'm replacing with PB for the past week and they were all broken loose earlier this year so it shouldn't be so bad. So I'm putting new 4.5 coils in, RE SF2 LCA's, RE adjustable track bar w/heavy duty bracket and new shocks. What's going to be the easiest way to do this? Jack it up and do evreything at the same time? Both sides or each side seperate? LCA's do while Jeep is on the ground and not jacked up? Trac bar the same as the LCA's? I just thought if I did everything at the same time then it would be easier to put in the stiff new lift coils? I'm I correct in assuming this? Thanks for any input.

I have always done one side at a time. Assembled as much as possible then used a bottle jack/ratchet strap to line up the control arms. Left them loose set the jeep down then tightened them. This may not help, but I also loosened and dropped the bump stops down into the coil to make the swap easier, unbolted the track bar from the get go, and I have no sway bar.

Back