• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels and backspacing???

jabrevaya

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building up an 87 XJ and I plan to put 35x12.5x15 ProComp
Xterrains on it. I'm currently look at 15x8 Eaton steelies for wheels. If I use the 15x8's, what backspacing should I go for? Also, it is better to run 15x10's with more BS?
Thanks for the help.:cool:

Jack

Stick with the 8's w/ 3.75"bs(std) and alot of trimming!

Thanks for the info. I have shaved quite a bit off the skins already. Once the lift is on (Tomken 6" Ultra Flex) I'll take a closer look. If there is just too much rubber, I think I can exchange them for 33's. That is providing I don't go wheeling first.

RCP Phx,

I see that you run 4.5" bs on your Jeep. I have 33x12.50x15 MTR's with 4.5" bs and the tire stuffs into the fender well perfect with no rubbing at full lock. I was wondering why you would suggest 3.75" bs for a 12.5 tire? Will the tire still clear the fender or do you cut past the pinch seam in the rear to clear? Anyone else running 12.5 tires with 3.75" bs?

Thanks.

My 10.50's dont even clear!!With the amount of trimming he's going to have to do you might as well take advantage of the track gain!

Ive got 15x10`s with 3 5/8" BS works well with 35" SSRs and 8"
vwp

Back