• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 uppercontrol arm bushes

That solves the frame end one, but not the axle end one.

1) Sometimes they will pound out with a BFH.

2) Use a ball joint press

3) heat the metal sleeve until it is hot enough to pull out of the bushing, use a hack saw blade on the bushing, pound out the remaining metal sleeve.

the last ones i di for a customer of mine, i used an air hammer with a chisel bit, just work it around the edges of the sleeve and it will come out, i didnt want to use heat due the fact that my garage is in my basement and i didnt want the house to stink like melting bushings for a couple days lol

If you are talking about replacing the axle end bushings of the UCA, its actually pretty easy. After many hours of messing around with all sorts of dumb ideas, I figured out how to do it in about five minutes.

1. Use a half inch drill bit to drill out some of the rubber right around the inner sleve. The bit will want to run around the sleve - let it - it will loosen up the rubber.
2. Pound out the inner sleve - should come right out now that the rubber is lose
3. Use a screwdriver to pry out the rest of the rubber.
4. Use a sawzall, hacksaw, or something to make one slit in the outer sleve - try not to cut into the housing too much.
5. Once the outer sleve is cut, it will pop right out.
6. Sand down the housing a little bit and pound in the new bushing.

is the passenger side UCA mount sturdy enough to pound on with a BFH for installing the bushing? id hate to bend the mount trying to install the bushing.

Back