• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift install tips for RE6200

4LVLFWD

NAXJA Forum User
Ok got the kit ordered with the mono tubes, AA SYE, TW DS. The kit didn't come with drop pitman arm, so ordered that also, got the 6* shims too (not going to do the transfer case drop that came with the kit). Does that sound about complete to lift the Jeep? What about the shims? Does that amount seem right? Got the new MTR's in the garage, 285/75/16. Started PB blasting all the bolts, especially the rear shock mount and leaf spring bolts. Going to do this for about a week or two. Im also going to install everything myself, including the SYE. If I left out anything that comes to mind let me know. Do you'll have any tips to do the install? Thanks in advance.

Ohh, I also have the JKS ACOS Im selling. New, never used.
16eMTRKevlar.jpg

16eMTRKevlarThread.jpg

Last edited:
the reason I'm doin the pitman arm is because the same kit that is offered as a long arm (re6300) comes with the drop, so i figured id need one on this lift.

Shouldnt need a drop pitman arm unless you plan to relocate the trackbar.

alright i need to get some lock ring and snap ring pliers. i was goin to buy them at sears. will those craftsmen ones suffice?? i would like to get snap on ones or mac ones but i dont work at a dealership and have no access to a parts truck.

alright i need to get some lock ring and snap ring pliers. i was goin to buy them at sears. will those craftsmen ones suffice?? i would like to get snap on ones or mac ones but i dont work at a dealership and have no access to a parts truck.

Make sure you get LOCKING lock and snap ring pliers. Save you a lot of grief and time.

PB blaster is OK, but have you got a torch?

Ive been PB Blastin for the past week and lift isnt even here yet. Im goin to pick up a torch mainly for the rear upper shock bolts. About the torch... should i torch every single bolt thats going to come out or try to remove the bolt first without heat?

I forgot to prepare the bolts for the lift and was only able to use liquid wrench 1 day in advance. With a breaker-bar and maybe a friend you should be able to get all the bolts out...my jeep is a '93 that lived near the ocean most of its life so lots of rusted bolts.

If this is just for your SYE install, there is really no need for a high end tool here. They perform a very simple function and aren't subjected to any real abuse in the process. I used these Craftsman Lock Ring Pliers from Sears. They're only $15 but worked perfectly. The knurled tips on these really helped out a lot. Whatever you get, just make sure they open up at least 1 inch.

About the torch... should i torch every single bolt thats going to come out or try to remove the bolt first without heat?

I live up in snow country, so there's lots of salt here, so you might be ok with PB only.

Try the bolts first, breaker bar is ok, but don't overdo it. Better to heat them up if they aren't easy enough to get out, and then refresh them.

well lift is on the way, so i wanted to get what i thought was going to be the worst part of the install, the rear upper shock bolts. So i crawled under the rear and tried to take off the bolts and.... they all came off with ease. I put some anti seize on them and put them back on. the reason i did this part first was because i'd rather break a bolt now and have time to take care of it instead of taking care of the broken bolt while doin the lift install.

Might not need the drop pitman arm. Check your angles after the lift first.

Yup, didnt need the DPA.

Got it all done over a course of a week at about 2-3 hours a day. Nice and easy. The SYE was easier than I thought, if any one is thinking about doin the SYE yourself... Do it. Take the time to read the instructions, look at online write-ups and its pretty cake.

I was goin to run stock 3.55 gears for a long while but couldnt take it any longer and went with 4.88's. Now I have other issues that werent present after the lift but after the gear install.

here you go.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00032.png

i love the sidewalls on those mtr's. what size was the lift again?

EDIT: nvm. i googled it haha

Last edited:
Yup, didnt need the DPA.

Got it all done over a course of a week at about 2-3 hours a day. Nice and easy. The SYE was easier than I thought, if any one is thinking about doin the SYE yourself... Do it. Take the time to read the instructions, look at online write-ups and its pretty cake.

I was goin to run stock 3.55 gears for a long while but couldnt take it any longer and went with 4.88's. Now I have other issues that werent present after the lift but after the gear install.

here you go.

Very nice.

Back