• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ rear LCAs for longer front LCAs

GoSlowGetStuck

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just picked up an older XJ and my friend and I are doing a budget build on it. We weren't sure what to do about longer control arms up front, but I happened to have some stock rear arms off my ZJ laying around. My buddy had an idea to measure them and the lowers are 16.5" center to center, about an inch longer than the stock XJ fronts. For what it's worth, my 4" Rough Country kit had me adjust the front lowers to 16.5" which is why I figured it would work fine.

Not much I know, but if you can find a set of the rear ZJ lowers for cheap or free, it might give you a shot at a better caster angle until you can get new arms. Not to mention they are still stamped sheet metal, so not the strongest things out there.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I had never heard of it so I thought I'd share.

Back