• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj to zj Master cycliner and Booster

Fitz4238

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this site and this has probaly been asked before. I am wanting to upgrade my 96 xj brakes with a zj master cyclinder and booster. Im needing to know what year of zj I need? Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 96XJ get the dual diaphragm booster? If not, getting the later XJ booster (that damned sure does have the dual diaphragm setup...) is probably an easier mod than the ZJ job - and it's been covered in greater detail...

However, if you already have the dual diaphragm setup, the next logical upgrade would be to convert to rear disc, then use the 4 Wheel Disc master cylinder - I think the WJ unit gets used, as does a couple of Ford pieces as well (the 4WDisc mod has also been covered in useful detail around here.)

Just sayin'. No point in reinventing the wheel if you don't gotta, y'know?

My 95' has a dual diaphragm booster and it will lock up my 35's with the dual piston WJ calipers up front.

Back