• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP Front Dirveshaft Shorter than LP?

DaJudge

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone know if the front driveshaft lengths are different between the LP and HP D30?

I put an HP D30 in my '01 and the Driveshaft is too long.

Thanks!

I don't think there is a difference between LP and HP front driveshafts, there is a difference between the driveshafts coming off of a manual and automatic transmision. The driveshaft comming off of the Auto is longer.

About 4.5. It was OK until I swapped the axle.

gabletech said:
The HP drive shaft is a little shorter then the LP. What size lift are you running ?
The driveshafts are the same,same part #,same length.I own a 2k and a 95 with the stickers still on both!

RCP Phx said:
The driveshafts are the same,same part #,same length.I own a 2k and a 95 with the stickers still on both!

I've measured 4 different lengths (compressed&extended) on comparably equipped XJs. Best bet is to simply measure what you've got and make sure you still have enough room to extend and compress.

Back