• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low cost mods?

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
Okay the wife has been hinting I will have cut back on my jeep projects. What low cost mods have you done or are going to be doing soon.

Ben

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 4.0 HO RWD
(anyone who can point me in the right direction on how to add this automatic to
my post's would be great.)

Not sure what you call low cost, but bang for buck I would do a 4wd conversion (it's just RWD right?)

Transmission, transfer case, and driveshafts from a part-out should be about 200-250. Front axle is 100.

Not sure what else you need, so I can't really suggest anything.

You need to be a full member to have a signature.

There is a lengthy thread here on cheap mods/ junkyard upgrades. Try searching for that. There are great ideas like: extending the vent tubes on your differentials, waterproofing electronics, homemade snorkels, removing rear track bar, removing doors, etc.
You could also do the standard reliability stuff like: plugs, cap, wires, fluid changes, filter changes, thorough inspection, belt, re-seal windshield if it leaks, organize gear, plan trips, search craigslist for deals, check out junkyards, etc

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport I6 4.0 HO RWD
(anyone who can point me in the right direction on how to add this automatic to
my post's would be great.)

To have a "sig", you have to be a member. See all the people with RED lettering? Those are members.

As for cheap mods

Cut your flares for bigger tires...

Turn your AC into a compressor...

Depending on how much of a trail rig this this, you can weld your spider gears to make a cheap, non-selectable locker...

Cowl induction

Home made snorkels

Thats about all i can think of off the top of my head.

Back