• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do I go from here?

coloradoajm

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ with a RE 3.5 lift and SYE. I have the sport model, so no front recovery. I plan to jeep mostly in the mountains above Ouray, CO. Rocks, but not rock crawling. I am on factory alloy rims with standard size tires, I think they are 29 inches or so.

Where do I go from here? What should take priority?

I am considering a front recovery point and leaning toward Detours XJ Backbbone: http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php

Ideally I would like a tire that is ~ 32x9.50 r15. But have limited options. May go with a 10.50 instead.

Can you just attach a bent piece of steel to the rocker panels instead of buying rails?

What should be priority at this point? Tires, protection, tow point?

Thanks?

That Backbone is kind of cool, but seems a little pricey, maybe not though.

I think it's just my preference that I'd rather spend ~$400 on a new bumper, since I'm not super fond of the looks of the stock bumper.

if you are going to spend that much on the backbone, might as well get a front bumper from jcr or ajsoffroad. also, i would start to look into some protection since you arent that high. rockers, diff covers, front skid. ect.

I would agree protection and recory cause you want your rig to keep looking good I would say rocker rails with being that low and unibody stiffners to make the jeep last forever and front recovery and maybe a winch if you wheel alone

Back