• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE long arms + AJs super rails install = need help

tone

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of installing sliders right now but came to a fork in the road....

b75cabd4.jpg

e908507f.jpg

b5653b79.jpg

72bf56f8.jpg

my question is how is the plate from the long arm kit supposed to mount to the pinch seam/slider? Do I have to notch out the slider pinch seam mount where the RE side plate attaches to the pinch seam? I'm stuck at this point... :(

So just cut the pinch seam mount on the slider where the RE plate mounts and call it good?

well, I had enough space to leave the Long arm pieces on the pinch seam, but I just didn't do the bolt nearest the long arm piece on the rail. I figured one missing bolt from the pinch seam for the rock rail isn't going to make it unsafe...

Does that make sense? I can take a pic when I get home...

Yea pic would be cool I'm just gonna keep drilling and worry about it when I'm done with the grunt work

Here's the Driver's side:
attachment.php

Here's the passenger side:
attachment.php

So you can see that I didn't have to cut, but the offset was so minimal I didn't have to. You might have to, but maybe someone with more experience can tell ya!

photo.jpg photo(3).jpg

Tone if just that little end part is in the way, cut it off.. Then redrill a new hole.. It looks like a 1/4" at the most, so thats what i would do..DO NOT CUT THE SEAM

Ohhhh I see your pinch seam mount is smaller then mine when I cut the front arm mount on the sliders with the ban saw I also cut the pinch seam mount bracket off the slider arm and just rewelded it like 1 1/2" over to clear the LA plate, I should have just cut it off at that plate...

Pic:
0d78c1ed.jpg

I guess I can just cut the pinch seam mount shorter like yours and be good?

You didn't come across like that at all, i just wanted him to make sure he didn't cut the seam..
Tone if you can cut an reweld the slider do that..

He knows i like to yell at people..LOL

All the tools are at work what you see in the first pic is what I got at home.... Trying to hacksaw right now but holy hell that shit is thick for a dinky hack saw...:(

Dude call SCOTT of LQ, he can help..I think, he did sale his JEEP to buy a CHEVY...LOL.He has a saw-zaw i think..I have to get this stuff done here or i would help you out..I think i am going to return the bobcat so now i have to dig with a shovel..

I don't have $hit here, Tone. :( Grinders is at Scott's, saws in Riverside. :banghead:

I have a Garlic Press. :rof:

I hack sawed it off and got the pass. side on today I will do the drivers side when I get more time/sun, turns out i measured the holes wrong and just had to run in the screws XXXX-eyed but seems like they are in good enough gotta drill out the pinch seam holes another day too.

Know anyone with a welder we can borrow?

Paul OR tone..

You can come by here to get tools needed to do the job..I just don't have time to do it with you..So if you want to use my tools, thats cool..Yes i have a saw-zaw and grinders..(pauls and mine) with wheels to cut with..

Back