• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Un seated nutsert question

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I picked up a free stock-style Tcase skid plate today. Score, right?
Yes, but with a catch: both cross member nutserts AND the frame rail nutsert all stripped out on me.

The skid plate is now stuck hanging 1" below flush with the cross member and the uni-rail.

The bolts won't turn out, the nuts just turn with.

Any ideas?

If the nutsert spins I'm doubting I can drill it out... I'll give it a crack. Might just cut a hole in the frame rail and see if I can fish a nut and bolt into place.

Long shot- Might try a pry bar between the skid and frame while turning bolt, gentle prying pressure might do it. (thinking removal to start over)

My nutserts pulled out of the frame. I cut a hole in the floor pan, and welded a piece of steel plate with 2 nuts welded to it inside the frame rail as a permenant solution. I also upgraded to 1/2" hardware.

My nutserts pulled out of the frame. I cut a hole in the floor pan, and welded a piece of steel plate with 2 nuts welded to it inside the frame rail as a permenant solution. I also upgraded to 1/2" hardware.

Good solution. If you where to cut the bolts or where able to unscrew them with pressure you'd be left with the free floating parts inside that you couldn't get bolts back into anyway.

I would use the pry bar trick also, if they came out an inch, they are still turning, and adding that pressure will stop the nut sert from spinning in theory..

Back