• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack Deal Of The Century

john_yarbrough

NAXJA Forum User
I called a guy on CL today who had a roofrack listed weird and he called me right back. Said he needed money to fix his helicopter that he crashed. Went to check it out and offered the guy 100.00 for the rack. He took the deal and I left with my nearly new Defender Rack that came off of his Hummer H3 highway queen. Ill post up picks of it on my XJ tomorrow, but here is what it looks like. I ghetto mounted it to my factory rails, but its super strong now and I used stainless steel nuts and bolts so it wont rust.
3nd3md3lc5Y05O25S4a48e7eb918ff12511.jpg

damn it! i saw that tooo! gahhh!

Here are a few pics. Enjoy! I like how close to the roof it sits. Some racks have way too much space between the roof and the bottom of the rack. What do you guys think about my mouting system? Ill never put a spare tire up there so I dont anticipate it ever having a ton of weight and it appears to be very sturdy. Should I be worried or am I okay?

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Might want to hit the nooks and crannies with some rattle can. Another member had to send his back 3 times due to rusting. Otherwise looks good.

Looks VERY nice. I also don't like roof racks that sit way high. That one is nice and snug.

I also like that the front has a rearward rake. I'm a big fan of the bajarack for that reason. It'd be easy to fab up an acrylic or aluminum faring for the front, that still allowed for lights (if you're planning on them).

With the faring I doubt if you'd see much of a mpg or noise difference...

Congrats!!

-Brian

Looks VERY nice. I also don't like roof racks that sit way high. That one is nice and snug.

I also like that the front has a rearward rake. I'm a big fan of the bajarack for that reason. It'd be easy to fab up an acrylic or aluminum faring for the front, that still allowed for lights (if you're planning on them).

With the faring I doubt if you'd see much of a mpg or noise difference...

Congrats!!

-Brian

Lights are coming very soon. My birthday is in a few weeks and I already put in the request to the wife. I doubt ill ever fab up a faring, just not a fan of them.

Lights are coming very soon. My birthday is in a few weeks and I already put in the request to the wife. I doubt ill ever fab up a faring, just not a fan of them.

Cool. Sounds like you're a lucky guy(I married a good one, too)! Any thoughts on which lights you'll ask her for?

10-4 on the faring, to each his own. I surely have things that I'm not a fan of either, too. (super wide wheel/tire packages, too many lights, etc.)

The simple fact that it sits back from the edge of the window a bit, means that it'll be less likely to muddle up the air flow up there, anyways.

-Brian

Sweeeeet! Looks good. That thing is ready for wheelin.

Sweeeeet! Looks good. That thing is ready for wheelin.

Sorry I didnt stick around after work. It was a crazy day and I just needed to get out of there. I got home and fabed up a license plate relocator since my spare covered my plate for the last three days and I relocated my CB antenna onto the tire carrier to get it higher and away from the body of the Jeep. I checked signal and talked to some guy in Big Bear like he was next door.

Back