• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift choices...

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have a new to me XJ and was wanting to make it a better/more capable rig, but I drive it to work and around town all the time. What I have been looking at is the Rusty's 2in kit, and the Old Man Emu 2in, which have you ran and how did you like it? I am leaning more twards the OME. Just want to hear what people who r running or have run one of these kits think, Thanks JOE>

P.S. The good, the bad, and the ugly if present...

all you rustys haters dont post up if you havent ran the 2" kit. he wants real experience, not speculation.

just wanted to help out a little your going to probably get a 50/50 to 60/40 crowd of people who hate rustys for one reason or another. so unless they say "i had the 2" lift", just ignore them, each lift is different.

also, i am putting on a 2" lift on my new little project DD but it will be a frankenlift, so not much help, sorry..

^^^Not a prob , but thanks for telling the punters to stay away, thats just what I don't want. My friend had this and that, I really do want to hear from people who have had them. Thanks agian. JOE>

I had the rusty's 2" a few years back, its a great lil kit. I put 31's under it just becuase I could but I wouldn't recomend it if you are gonna do a lot of wheelin, the 31's i mean, But you can use your stockshocks which is a plus and you can't go wrong for 100 bux
thats my:link2:

Well^^^ I am talking about the 2in lift kit, the one w/ aal, and fron springs, I think it is 250 bucks, that is the one I was wondering about. As far as the OME goes the medium duty is what I am aiming for. Thanks JOE>

I just finished an OME 2": rides fantastic, not a bad installation, love the look; just aligned today so will have more to say at a later time

1) You shouldn't feel the need to bump a thread thats 3 hours old. People are at work..

2) If you ask about rusty's and tell people who are going to warn you what crap it is not to post .. people are not going to post. His service is bad, his products fail, and locally poor construction has nearly killed two people (that I know personally) when welds broke and their friend ends came apart on the highway.

cal said:
1) You shouldn't feel the need to bump a thread thats 3 hours old. People are at work..
Sorry bro just tryting to get some answers before the weekend(no cpu worth anything at home)I did not know I was offending anyone, just trying to show urgency.

2) If you ask about rusty's and tell people who are going to warn you what crap it is not to post .. people are not going to post. His service is bad, his products fail, and locally poor construction has nearly killed two people (that I know personally) when welds broke and their friend ends came apart on the highway.

Just being a sack but I did not know Rustys sold "friends" JK bro don't get mad and flame me. All in all I have pretty much decided to go with OME, but thanks to all who tried to help, and even the ones who did not.^^^ Wink wink. JOE>

yeah, like everyone else right now, I'm at work and was distracted when I wrote that. I'm pretty sure you know I meant "front end". ;)

Doesnt change that there's a reason everyone bags on that brand.

Well, I and a friend of mine have both used rustys, and neither of us have had any problems, aside from them shipping me the wrong locker twice (and I understand why), and when they sent the correct one, he took 25 bucks off the price and a free t-shirt.

parts are always here on time or ahead of when I expect them, and install easily. I wasn't too keen on the flimsy brake line bracket for my friends lift, but it did work.

I have his budget boost, mainly for added body clearance (rutted mud holes), and my friend needed new rear springs, and the 3" spring kit was almost the same price as new factory rear springs.

Neither of us wheel hard, or at least not inrocks, so they work for us.

sloppyjoe said:
Just being a sack but I did not know Rustys sold "friends" JK bro don't get mad and flame me. All in all I have pretty much decided to go with OME, but thanks to all who tried to help, and even the ones who did not.^^^ Wink wink. JOE>

i do not see any flaming going on, he is informing you... about the subject you asked about...

Back