• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar drop bracket

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
how do u mount one...im trying to find out...its the one from RC...thanx

ou've got to remove the old one. and bolt the new one up in its place.

It can be a bit of a pain to get it to fit. but when you put the new one in just put the nuts on the bolt enough to keep it on there. Once you've got all four nuts on the bolts you can tighten them up. Its easier to put it in with the driver's coil spring removed but I've done it with the spring in. with help and not rusted to hell nuts its about a 15 minute job to replace the drop bracket.

blackdoutxj said:
how do u mount one...im trying to find out...its the one from RC...thanx

Throw it in the garbage can and invest in a "real" adjustable tracbar and from RE,TNT,or Kevins.

you don't need to take any coils or anything else out. you just unbolt the trackbar end, and install the drop bracket.

but honestly i agree with RCP Phx. i currently have the drop bracket on my XJ and it sucks. it puts your steering components just enough out of alignment that you get slight bumpsteer and slight vibs. get an adjustable trackbar and keep your steering components parallel to each other. you can get an adjustable trackbar starting at $99 from rough country.

Back