• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP, won't start

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry I didn't search, I'm out in the sticks with only my phone. Got up this morning drove to my buddys and installed my jcr bumper. I go to leave and the jeep won't start, sits and cranks. I have no spark and the fuel pump is not running. Am I looking at a bad CPS? It's a 99,4.0, aw4.

If the fuel pump won't prime, check the ASD relay.

CPS/CKP will give you a no spark condition, but the fuel pump should still prime for the 2-3 seconds when you turn the key to ON.

Do you have spark? ASD relay also provides 12 volts to the coil. Check for voltage to the coil.

Well it turned out to be the CPS. I check for voltage at the coil and had nothing and the fuel pump would not prime. I checked the ASD relay and it checked out ok. I also noticed the when the key was turned over none of my dash gauges would work, after unpluging the CPS they worked fine. I tested pin b & C at the plug and had 0.2 ohms, new one had 4.68.

Thanks for your help Joe, I was waiting for you to chime in.:repair:

Mat :explosion

Back