• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end too bouncy off road

Skreed

NAXJA Forum User
When rock crawling over moderate sized rocks my front end tends to be a bit to bouncy. When I crawl over a rock then drop down off the back side of it, I get like 3 large rebounds, the first of which sometimes bottoms out on my tow hooks or something else up front. It makes it hard to set up for the next rock this way.

I have nearly new RC hydro shocks and older skyjacker 4" springs. Are RC hydro shocks too soft? or are my springs wearing out? or is that about normal? I would like a firmer ride in the front any suggestions on what kinda shocks or springs I would be better for me?

BTW this is for off road use only....don't care about on road ride.

Thanks!

-Mike

X2 Shocks

Spent the money and get a rebuildable shock, Bilstein 7100, fox 2.0 or something like them.
It will be money well spent.

I'm running Doetsch 2.2's and I love them. Doetsch are rebuildable and way less money than bilstein and fox.

If you ever DID drive it on the road, you would definitely hate it. Even with one shock missing or bad, they are SUPER bouncy.

Back