• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the merging of old in to new... Dana 44 from ford in to JK

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
SO I have this bling JK with 10" lift with coil overs on 40's and 22" rims. It sits on a dana 30 and the guy trys to get me to just do some mods to the dana 30 and put a arb in it. I just kinda laughed, and told him thats not bling and it will just move the weak link easly to the next item..

SO I got a few good quality ford dana 44 high pinions and had currie do new thick wall tubes and JK mounts on one of them for it. They said it was the first time they did a Old hpd44 for a JK bracket kit, sure hope its right, i doubt it isnt they have yet to not do excellent work for me.

The owner of the jeep wants it clear coated so it stays the bling fresh steel color. I talked him in to black powdercoated lol..

Now time to fill it with the arb, 5.38's and mount the CO conversion brackets to it and all that.

Pro of it is that it gets the larger d44 JK ujoints... :)

But its still just a D44...

Hard to tell the center is what 22-25yrs old lol.

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Nice! is the older hp d44 width different than JK D44?

Ive heard mixed feelings with the Currie JJ's binding. To me, seems like they'd be much better than rubber and have heard that they actually help prevent your front end from completely unloading on steep inclines.

Interesting they welded the driverside UCA mount directly to the casting versus using some sort of truss. I know it should be fine, I just didn't expect it. Looks good. I assume stock JK outers so it can maintain the wheel speed sensors and ABS if so-equipped?

Hmmm....especially with that JJ in that upper mount, I wouldn't trust that single sheer mount welded to the housing. Just me, but I've seen a few of them break. Otherwise it's a nice axle build.

Cool build robert.

I made a mistake on the first axle I built by putting the UCA joints on the axle itself. IT is VERY difficult to service them there and I have even had them come apart while wheeling (up on Outer Limits on JV). I have also had trouble with the smaller Johnny Joints needing be rebuilt too often.

Good luck!

I somehow doubt this guy is going to have any problem with the durability of the 44. Heck you probably could have glued the mounts on.
Malls don't put too much load on an axle ya' know.

Back