• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

holy jim or gorman?

holy jim baaaaad :twak:

i'm not a big fan of gorman, but if those are your only 2 options go to gorman. Holy Jim Canyon is a hiking trail, the road to the trail is a road that people live on, not a wheeling destination. Leaving the road will earn you a fat ticket if you're caught.

The road to Holy Jim is boring too.

The road to Holy Jim is boring too.

I went up to Trabuco Creek (actual name of the road) several years ago during an El Nino year. The usually tiny creek was a raging river, several feet deep. There was a family of four stuck in the middle of the torrent in a mini-truck. Several guys were trying to get a rope on the truck to pull them out.

It wasn't very boring that day. :) But yes, it usually is. Don't chance a ticket. It's not worth it.

Go to South Coast. It would be nice to have a local place in OC to do some decent wheeling. Never been to Azuza. Been up to Santiago peak which is a nice view but not all that hard. You can drive up Ortega highway at the camping spot and wheel down the hill to Lake Elsinore which is fun. cant remember the name of the route. Kinda like cleghorn but less interesting..

Go to South Coast. It would be nice to have a local place in OC to do some decent wheeling. Never been to Azuza. Been up to Santiago peak which is a nice view but not all that hard. You can drive up Ortega highway at the camping spot and wheel down the hill to Lake Elsinore which is fun. cant remember the name of the route. Kinda like cleghorn but less interesting..

are you talkin about indian truck trail? or aliso canyon truck trail?

I think Rowher flats is open, a lil closer, But like gorman its ok, nothing great tho. Is JV about the same distance from where you are as gorman? Lotta trails out that way are fun if you are going with another jeep.

Back