• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Door Bushings for Chopped hinges?

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
I cut my door hinges the other day on my 98 4 door. I am ultimately planning on cutting the bottom ear of the Door side of the hing off and welding a bolt top and bottom so i can lift it on and off like shown here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/another-idea-going-doorless-97-a-444398/index5.html . Right now i am just using 5/16 bolts at the hinges and its really not that difficult to get the doors off, getting them on requires two people however.

I need some new hinge bushings. Obviously the Inner Diameter i need is 5/16 im not sure of the O.D., however can I not just by new JEEP hinge bushings? I assume they are made of Brass. It would be nice to be able to get oil impregnated bushings, that way i can fix this door slop ive had, and they would e easily replaceable/smooth operating

thanks
brian

I was thinking of making some bushings but decided not to mess with it. Instead I just pulled the top shim out and put it in behind the bottom mount and it lifted my passenger door back up, on the driver’s door I had to make an additional shim out of some thin aluminum. They close perfectly and seal great, no wind noise and it was a lot simpler then making bushings, just something else to think about.

I used tapered pins for mine. Different hinge style, but if you could taper the bolts it should get easier. 2dr doors by yourself... now we are having fun!

i'm wanting new bushings to fix door slop. My pins work great, Im just looking for new little brass bushings like the factry ones

Back