• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker replacement... Not again

SilentKicked

NAXJA Forum User
So I have done lots of research and probably looked at every set of photos on every forum regarding the rocker replacement. I decided to go with 2X4 3/16 Steel tube to replace my rusted rockers.

I have 5 1/2 feet for each side, which will span from front fender well to rear fender well. I have a pretty good idea on how I am going to weld it in and that is not my question.

What do I do with the front fender and the rear fender flare? I cant tell by any photos what people are really doing in this section. I dont want to place my rockers just where my old rocker was, I want it to extend end for end.

Photo of the area I am talking about below. (NOTICE, THIS IS NOT MY JEEP. JUST A GOOD PHOTO FOR REFERENCE)

http://tinypic.com/r/33mbux5/5

Thanks guys

then add a new bolt, its just a fender flair.
if this is causing you trouble, your gonna find a lot worse stuff when you get to the meat of the project... the flair is plastic and can be trimmed to fit tightly with a razor blade. how it fits depends on how you do the rocker replacement!

I cut them flush and tacked them to the rails.

RockersWheelin022.jpg

tack a new tab to the inside of em, and bolt em to a tab welded to the inside of the fender, in the space visible in the pic above

or if you don't want to weld a tab to the fender, just bend the fender under itself, then back up to give you something to bolt to

I ended up leaving the fender in place.

1rw2v9.jpg

New pinch seam I welded in using angle iron to replace rusted old one.

kanx9s.jpg

2z5kkls.jpg

34qwiua.jpg

fnxzr4.jpg

xqcl5k.jpg

qy8l5c.jpg

eijq8n.jpg

50gqxi.jpg

r0cc49.jpg

Let me know what you think. Im still going to tie it into the frame once I get the other side completed.

Back