• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

poping sound from the speakers with engine running

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
Let me apoligize in advance for not searching I'm on my cell phone

My 90 has a very anoying poping sound with the radio on and the engine running

It seems to be in time with a plug firing but and is rpm responsive as well. I can't find a short in the wires and I don't see any cracked insulators etc

Any other ideas I'm stumped

Thanks
Dan

One of your grounds sucks. Ignition noise through the speakers is usually a ground issue. Especially if you haven't changed or replaced anything.

I had the same thing on the heep a couple months ago. Installed the new cb and the ignition noise started coming through the speakers. I had the power ran to the fuse block. When I unplugged it, the noise went away. So I know what I really need to do is run power to another circuit. But it's still probably because I half-ass ground the cb to the jeep.

Well that explains it I guess I just cleaned the plugs and the noise went away 2 were covered in oil from the leaky valve cover gasket so ill be adding that to the repair list before socal fest now for the other 20000000000000 fixits to do

Back