• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended Control Arms

bellingham

NAXJA Forum User
So i will be putting a 3" lift on my 97 XJ sport, automatic very soon and have found a set of extended Control arms for sale. They are rough country and have the bend in them for clearence. DO i need these? or if i do not need these, would i have a better set up with them? i am budget sensative so dont wanna waste money, but my motto is do it right or dont do it at all. Should i get these?? please feel free to give me your full two cents plus an extra penny!

To add a detail i left off, they are ment for lifts up to 4.5" this should give a reference point. and they are the lower arms. WHich leads to another question, if i got these would i also need to get uppers to match? Educate me this is my first XJ!!!

Last edited:
its just coils and blocks. not a heavy offroad rig, DD 95%. i know i know i am looking for aal's cause ive been hammered on here enough about the blocks:)

i'd recommend getting the lowers. you can adjust caster, and they're WAAY stronger than the factory stamped pieces.

thats if theyre adjustable, most +3" lift control arms dont, including the ones ive ran (which sound like what he's describing.)

ive ran the rc 3" kit, with those lowers, and stock uppers. its a fine starter kit.

Back