• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know about montero 4x4s?

justin_502

NAXJA Forum User
Guy selling a beat up montero 4x4, asking 1500 prolly take 1k. wants to get rid of it been sitting in storage for a year. Its lifted on I think its on 35s 5.xx gears ARB lockers, was hit in the front but says still runs. Think he said warn bumpers. Think its a 4 banger. I dont know too much about these, but would be able to part out to make cash selling the axles etc. or just pass it up? Or if ran good would it be a decent beater rig?

I know that if you hit a speed bump wrong or even fart wrong they will flop over. My cousin had one years ago and found out it had the highest rollover rating of any car on the road. He rolled it shortly after, going around a turn in Arrowhead.

If he'd take 1k for it and it does in fact have decent 35s and a dana 44 with ARB you'd have little trouble parting it out and turning a bit of profit.

I say give it a try. Sounds like a fun rig lol. :D
AHHHHahaha Derek just wants to see if it will roll as easy as everyone says. Get it.... and lets go wheelin' i need to test out my new winch!!!!!!!

Lol mabey for 1k well go roll this bitch then part it out! Gotta look into if it has a d44. That and an arb would be good. Any idea what diff is in the front?

I have one, and they aren't THAT easy to roll or mine would have rolled already. They are four cylinders, they do have independent front suspension, and a lot of them do have D44 rearends. Mine came factory with lockers, and 4.88 gears as well.
I have some photos of mine in pretty hairy situations where I am sure my XJ would have flopped but the Montero (actually mine is a Raider, same thing) didn't flop.

Back